Chalmit®, formerly known as Andrew Chalmers and Mitchell Ltd, was founded in 1910 to manufacture and supply equipment for the large marine market based on the River Clyde. The company soon became a major supplier of lighting and electrical products to the marine industry in the West of Scotland and thereafter throughout the whole country. In the 1970’s, success in the Marine oil tanker business led to diversification into the wider oil and gas market, capturing 85% of the North Sea HID lighting requirement which is maintained to this day. The company’s involvement within the global oil & gas market expanded and resulted in a shortened version of its name to Chalmers and Mitchell. Throughout the world the company is now recognised by its product name, CHALMIT® . With the additional product demand in the International market, the company expanded its export potential by opening offices in Singapore and Abu Dhabi providing support and assistance in developing an extensive, long standing agency network. The subsequent growth in the FPSO market further increased the emphasis on the development of the company’s extensive Ex lighting portfolio.